In Spring 2014, EA SPORTS UFC will make history once again as the first UFC video game to feature playable female fighters. Headlined by UFC Women’s Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and top Bantamweight contender Miesha Tate, both will be included in the first UFC video game to break the gender barrier. Check out what Ronda Rousey has to say about it in the UFC’s instagram video below.
EA Sports released an FAQ about the upcoming game.
Which female UFC fighters will be in the game?
- Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate are the only confirmed fighters. We will be revealing additional fighters from the Women’s Bantamweight division soon
Will female fighters be able to fight against male fighters?
- In order to be authentic to the sport, female fighters will not be able to fight male fighters in EA SPORTS UFC.
What game modes will female fighters be available in?
- Female fighters will be available in Play Now
Can we expect more female athletes in EA SPORTS games moving forward?
- Female fighters are added on a franchise-by-franchise basis. EA SPORTS UFC joins EA SPORTS NHL and Tiger Woods PGA Tour in featuring women athletes as playable characters in the game
Is the process for building female fighters in-game different from how you build their main counterparts?
- Female fighters are built using the same high-resolution 3D scan technology to deliver next-generation fighter likeness
UFC President Dana White on the announcement:
“Since we added the Women’s Bantamweight division earlier this year, the women have impressed everyone. The fights are always exciting, Ronda Rousey is as talented as any champion in the UFC and her rivalry with Miesha Tate is one of the most intense in UFC history. The female division has become a huge part of the UFC and fans will now be able to experience fighting with them in the game.”